“Kingdom of the Planet of the Apes,’ an electrifying American sci-fi action spectacle directed by the visionary Wes Ball, will take you on a mind-bending ride.” This cinematic behemoth is written by the brilliant quartet of Josh Friedman, Rick Jaffa, Amanda Silver, and Patrick Aison and produced by Joe Hartwick Jr., Jaffa, Silver, and Jason Reed.
This epic is the fourth thrilling chapter in the rebooted Planet of the Apes franchise and serves as a compelling sequel to the awe-inspiring ‘War for the Planet of the Apes’ (2017). Prepare to be amazed as Owen Teague takes the lead, joined by Freya Allan, Kevin Durand, Peter Macon, and the legendary William H. Macy. Prepare to be transported.
“The new chapter in the Planet of the Apes saga took off in April 2019, thanks to Disney’s acquisition of 20th Century Fox.” Wes Ball, the mastermind behind the lens, was quickly enlisted as both the writer and director in December, fueling fan excitement.
The script for this cinematic miracle began to take shape in the chaotic landscape of the COVID-19 pandemic in 2020, weaving its narrative tapestry. Following the conclusion of the script’s magnum opus, the search for the perfect ensemble began in June 2022. In August of that year, the extraordinary Owen Teague won the coveted lead part, kindling the excitement for what was to come. The film’s title and subsequent casting selections tantalized expectant spectators in the months that followed, as murmurs and curiosity grew. Principal photography began its hypnotic dance in the bright landscapes of Sydney in October 2022, concluding in a grand climax in February 2023.
The cast list:
– Owen Teague as Noa: a young chimpanzee born nearly 300 years after Caesar’s time
– Freya Allan as Mae: a feral young woman who joins Noa on his journey
– Kevin Durand as Proximus Caesar: a powerful chimpanzee ruler leading a coastal clan in the hunt for human technologies
– Travis Jeffery as Anaya a chimpanzee and Noa’s friend
– Lydia Peckham as Soona: a female chimpanzee and Noa’s friend
– Neil Sandilands as Koro: a chimp elder from Noa’s tribe
– Peter Macon as Raka: a wise orangutan and ally to Noa
– William H. Macy
The highly anticipated ‘Kingdom of the Planet of the Apes’ is set to make its grand debut, captivating audiences across the United States, with its scheduled release slated for May 24, 2024.